Museum Staff are encouraged to attend orientation sessions to familiarise themselves with the Library's facilities. Please contact Library staff for a time email@example.com, refresher tours are welcomed.
Visiting researchers are provided a brief tour of the Library upon arrival. Listed below are some of the main facilities:
- Open access shelves house the general, reference and serial collections. Each separate collection can be identified by a prefix, for example REF = Reference. See Finding materials on the shelves for more information on prefixes.
- Computers are available for readers to consult the Library catalogue or online subscribed resources.
- Public wifi is available as well as the use of a photocopier that can scan and email (please note copyright provisions must be adhered to). Some items require the use of the Library's flatbed book scanner; this service is at the discretion of Library staff and available resources.
- Reading Room: a lovely space with a view of the lake, which is available to all Museum staff and researchers. This room is also where Special collection items are to be viewed.
- The rare books room is a special climate-controlled room, which houses our more fragile items. To view rare items a prior appointment must be made, please phone 6208 5361. Note: Due to their condition, some rare items are not available for viewing.
Page last updated: 23 October 2012
Please contact the Library if there are any broken links.
Suggestions for new sites are always welcome.